Winter is pretty much inescapable at this point so it’s time to make your move (or lack thereof): fight or flight? People generally fall into two camps when it comes to temperatures dropping. The fighters love winter and snow and everything that goes with it. The flight-ers, as it were, are not having any of it and find any chance they get to escape to balmy weather. We are what feels like 100 days into winter. Some of us are over it, checking Expedia obsessively, and others continue to embrace the frosty feels, checking the snowfall on the local mountain obsessively. We’ve been debating this winter dilemma here at Garmentory HQ, we have comprehensive arguments for both sides. Hear us out and then decide whether your January will be filled with hot cocoa and blanket scarves or iced coffee and summer slides.
Okay, so even though the twinkle lights are coming down and the holiday music has stopped playing, winter is still here. In fact it feels stronger than ever. Temperatures keep dropping, snow is falling (some places), and we are still very much into buying oversized sweaters and endless winter accessories. Could you be this cozy in the tropics? I don’t think so. The winter fighters bundle up and brave the outdoors and actually love the winter months. It might seem crazy but here are a few reasons why:
- Scarves so big they are blankets.
- Layering… so much layering.
- Cozying up to a fireplace with a cup of coffee (and Baileys).
- Not feeling guilty AT ALL about staying inside all day and night watching Netflix.
- Two words: comfort food. (Secondary point, all those layers we mentioned above.)
- Enjoying every cliché yet undeniably fun winter activity – skiing, ice skating, snowball fights, sleigh rides, etc.
If all those wintery wonderland things appeal to you, then shop here so you can fight the cold in style.
On the opposite side of the spectrum there are some of us that simply cannot handle the winter. We find it hard to leave the house when it’s still dark out (all the time) and we’re exhausted from having to put on a thousand layers to stay warm, then take them off every time we go indoors. We spend this time of year daydreaming of sand, sandals, no pants and iced coffee. We’re booking every flight we can to get into the sunshine and here’s why:
- That natural Vitamin D.
- NO PANTS (as previously said).
- Drinks on the beach… at noon.
- No chance of slipping on black ice.
- A head start on that tan.
- Long walks on the beach (no dating profile pun intended).
If you’re ready to pack your bags then shop here for every sunny vacation necessity.