Forget checking the weather forecast or measuring out the amount of steps you’ll likely take during the day to decide between flats or heels. In the spirit of making getting dressed less complicated this fall, we’ve decoded five ways to the perfect outfit – with a little help from our friends at Local Creative in New York.
1. DOUBLE UP ON RIBBED KNITS Matched sets aren’t only an easy template for getting dressed, they also happen to be one of our favourite trends this year. So pick a texture, we’re big fans of a ribbed knit, and double down.
2. LAYER IN A TURTLENECK Pretty much as ubiquitous, and essential, as a jumpsuit by now, the turtleneck can single-handedly transform an outfit for fall. Layer underneath a button up, a jumpsuit, overalls, a dress, a sweater, a jacket.. we could go on all day.
3. TOP WITH SHEARLING Just like that faux fur pillow on your couch starts to feel a little wrong, and sweaty, in the dead heat of summer, soft textures have a way of representing the cold. Shearling is our favourite way of signifying fall in one fell swoop of an OOTD.
4. ADD A STATEMENT BOOT First of all, wearing white after Labor Day is the best. Second of all, boots are a no-brainer closet go-to in the world of fall fashion. So make sure yours stand out.
5. WEAR SOCKS Not only to they warm your toes, they warm our sartorial hearts. So let them peek out the top of your ankle boot, oxford loafer or mule. Socks are an accessory, not just a present from your grandmother.
All photos by Local Creative